There’s a reason why Lake George has been a year-round tourist destination since the early 1900s—with a host of summer/winter recreational activities and a lively village area, this 32-mile long lake nestled in the foothills lot the Adirondacks is a hotspot for local activity.
Adirondack Land For Sale Near Lake George
A quick day trip from your Adirondack hunting cabin or riverfront home, Lake George is only a short drive away from relaxing and fishing on sandy beaches, exploring the history of the region at one of its local historical sites, or visiting Lake George village along the southern end of the lake for shopping, dining, and a ton of recreational activities.
Check out these nearby Lake George destinations
• Million Dollar Beach, a popular beach with lifeguards, picnic areas, and plenty of swimming room
• Bolton Landing, a peaceful village community 10 miles north of the Village with great restaurants and local businesses
• Fort Ticonderoga, a historic Revolutionary War fort turned museum for a local history lesson on the northern shores of the lake
• Adirondack Balloon Flights for scenic balloon rides over the Adirondack region
• Butterfly Exhibit at Up Yonda Farm, open from late June to mid-September
• The Great Escape Amusement Park & Splash Water Kingdom, a Six Flags theme park with over 135 rides and attractions in Queensbury
Just a Short Drive Away from Lake George!
If you’re an outdoor enthusiast who still wants to be near the center of the action, our Adirondack properties adjacent to Lake George are your answer. Have the best of both worlds—a secluded wilderness paradise just a short drive away from local businesses and seasonal things to do!
Check out our full list of Adirondack land for sale near Lake George!
If you’d like to make a trip to the Lake George area to view one of our properties and will be having an extended stay, please view our Lake George Itinerary page for ideas of where to visit and what to do!