Known for hosting the Winter Olympic Games in 1932 and again in 1980, Lake Placid is a quaint mountain town nestled within the High Peaks of the Adirondack Mountains that’s a year-round favorite for winter sports enthusiasts and visitors alike.
Adirondack Mountain Property For Sale Near Lake Placid
A short drive away from our hunting and riverfront properties, Lake Placid is a nearby day trip where you can shop at the boutique shops along Main Street, go for a ski on Olympic-approved slopes, or partake in the local pastime of Adirondack ice climbing!
Check out these nearby Lake Placid destinations
• High Falls Gorge for scenic hikes year-round
• Whiteface Mountain for downhill skiing and gondola rides
• Olympic Sports Complex for tours and bobsled/luge rides
• Cascade Pass Frozen Waterfall for winter ice climbing
• Hudson River Gorge for white water rafting trips
• Jackrabbit Trail for excellent birdwatching
Just a Short Drive Away from Lake Placid!
Whether you’re looking to build a rustic cabin or mountain retreat, our Lake Placid adjacent Adirondack land gives you the seclusion you need while being just a short drive away from all the action.
Check out our full list of Adirondack land for sale near Lake Placid!
If you are traveling from out of state or far enough that it makes sense to make a weekend getaway out of the trip, we’ve put together a Itinerary to give you a well rounded weekend, experiencing all things Adirondack! View Lake Placid Itinerary >